The Master of Science in Environmental Science at The City University of New York is designed to provide broad interdisciplinary training in those areas of the biological, engineering, physical, chemical, and social sciences that are important in solving environmental problems.
Graduates are prepared for careers in both governmental agencies and private companies working on such problems as pollution control, environmental impact, and urban planning, and for careers in environmental education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Biosphere and Our Species
- Community Ecology
- Earth Science
- Applied Environmental Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Ecology Environmental Sciences View 146 other Masters in Earth Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants to the program are expected to have an acceptable bachelor’s degree from an institution whose degree requirements are substantially equivalent to those of the College of Staten Island or other senior units of The City University of New York. Ordinarily, this would be a bachelor’s degree in a natural science or in engineering.
- The undergraduate credits must include at least one year each of general chemistry and general physics, mathematics through differential and integral calculus, and at least one semester of ecology.
- A $75.00 non-refundable application fee
- English Proficiency Examination
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.