At Meteorology from San José State University graduate-level theoretical and applied meteorology courses and a substantial research project lead to the preparation of the master’s thesis, the culmination of the degree plan of study. Departmental opportunities for financial support include research and teaching assistantships.
Graduates with Meteorology from San José State University will be able to:
- conduct an independent research project, and communicate the results in written and oral form in acceptable professional formats.
- explain meteorological phenomena in terms of advanced physical and dynamic concepts.
- apply advanced numerical methods to solve atmospheric and climate science problems
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dynamic Meteorology
- Advanced Climatology
- Physical Meteorology
- Boundary Layer Meteorology
- Air Pollution Meteorology
- The Global Carbon Cycle
- Computers in Meteorology
- Remote Sensing
- Meteorological Instrumentation
- Mountain Meteorology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Climate Studies & Meteorology View 156 other Masters in Earth Sciences in United States
- U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a country outside of the U.S.
- A 2.5 institutional GPA (from the 0.0-4.0 U.S. grading scale) in the last degree completed, or a 2.5 GPA in the last two years of full time study.
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended.
- English Language Proficiency Exam
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit U.S./Canada Transcripts
- Submit Test Scores
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7176 USD per year during 24 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7176 USD per year during 24 months.
Non-CA Resident tuition includes an additional $396 per unit
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.