Nursing Program Student Educational Outcomes
At the completion of the M.S.N. Family Nurse Practitioner program, a graduate of the St. David’s School of Nursing at Texas State University will be prepared to skillfully translate research and utilize evidence-based practice knowledge to provide healthcare for individuals, families, and populations with an emphasis on primary care.
The MSN-Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) program is a 48-credit hour lockstep program in which Registered Nurses with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree advance their skills to the entry level for eligibility for certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner and apply for licensure as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse. Instruction will be an online format with required on campus learning intensives typically scheduled two times per semester at the St. David’s School of Nursing in Round Rock. The on-campus learning intensives augment the online course work and allow assessment of students to ensure that advanced level competencies have been met. Of the 48 semester hours required, 13 hours are allotted to practicum courses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Health Assessment Practicum
- Diagnostic Reasoning and Procedures Practicum
- Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics
Advanced Health Assessment
Young and Middle Adult Primary Care
- Pediatric and Adolescent Primary Care
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Public Health Nursing View 686 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- completed online application
- completed online NursingCAS application
- separate NursingCAS application fee and either
- $55 nonrefundable application fee or $90 nonrefundable application fee for applications with international credentials
- bachelor of science in nursing (B.S.N.) degree from a regionally accredited institution
- official transcripts from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- grade of C or better in a statistics course
- current, valid unencumbered R.N. license or multi-state privilege to practice as a registered nurse in the state(s) in which the student will complete clinical courses
- responses to specific essay questions
- three letters of recommendation
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.