As a student of the School Counseling program from University of Dayton , you'll gain the knowledge and skills needed to become positive voices advocating for the academic, career, and social/emotional needs of children in PK-12 school systems as professional school counselors. Courses are blended with professional practice and reflect the most current advances in the field of school counseling and education.
Faculty strive to empower all students to embrace holistic, ethical and innovative approaches to personal life, professional endeavors, and the school systems we serve. Diversity enriches our learning environment and expands our institutional ability, intelligence, and creativity.
To receive your license, you're required to pass the the Ohio Assessment for Educators exam in school counseling.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philosophical, Professional, Ethical & Legal Aspects in Counseling
- Counseling Diverse Populations
- Human Growth and Development
- Personality & Human Development Across the Lifespan
- Career Development
- Career Counseling
- Helping Relationships
- Theories & Techniques of Counseling
- Counseling Techniques Lab
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation School Counselling View 554 other Masters in School Counselling in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Official academic records of all previously attended colleges or universities must be submitted directly from the colleges or universities to the Office of Graduate Admission Processing. Hand-carried transcripts, official copies marked Issued to Student and unofficial copies are not acceptable. Students seeking school counseling licensure who received a master's degree from the University of Dayton are not required to submit transcripts.
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or employers.
- A personal statement.
- Results from the GRE or MAT are required for applicants with an undergraduate grade-point average below 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 715 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 715 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Dayton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.