Courses are blended with professional practice and reflect the most current advances in the field of school counseling and education.
Faculty of the School Counseling program at the University of Dayton strive to empower all students to embrace holistic, ethical and innovative approaches to personal life, professional endeavors, and the school systems we serve. Diversity enriches our learning environment and expands our institutional ability, intelligence, and creativity.
Summer programs in locations such as Costa Rica offer opportunities for students to immerse themselves in experiential learning in local schools and diverse communities. They also interact with students and educators to help develop a deeper sense of self-awareness in a global context. Students have also participated in community services projects while abroad, including Mangrove reforestation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philosophical, Professional, Ethical & Legal Aspects in Counseling
- Counseling Diverse Populations
- Human Growth and Development
- Personality & Human Development Across the Lifespan
- Career Development
- Career Counseling
- Helping Relationships
- Theories & Techniques of Counseling
- Counseling Techniques Lab
- Group Work
- Theories & Techniques of Group Counseling
- Assessment in Counseling
- Research and Program Evaluation
- Research & Evaluation in Human Services
- School Counseling
- Special Education and the School Counselor
- Crisis Intervention & Prevention in Educational Settings
- School Counseling Program Development & Implementation
- Consultation & Leadership in School Counseling
- Counseling Children & Adolescents
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Counselling View 4095 other Masters in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Applicants should submit the following information in addition to the online application:
- Official academic records of all previously attended colleges or universities must be submitted directly from the colleges or universities to the Office of Graduate Admission Processing. Hand-carried transcripts, official copies marked Issued to Student and unofficial copies are not acceptable. Students seeking school counseling licensure who received a master's degree from the University of Dayton are not required to submit transcripts.
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or employers.
- A personal statement.
- Results from the GRE or MAT are required for applicants with an undergraduate grade-point average below 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1005 USD per credit during 24 months.
National24120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1005 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Dayton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.