The Communication Disorders program at Texas State University meets the minimum education and clinical requirements for state licensure as a speech-language pathologist and for the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology awarded by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA). The academic program is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of ASHA.
Candidates for the communication disorders master’s degree are encouraged to earn a passing score on the Praxis Examination in Speech-Language Pathology before graduation and substitute a passing score for the required departmental graduate comprehensive examination.
The university operates the Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic on a twelve-month basis and is nationally known as a treatment center for communication disorders. Graduate students utilize the clinic for research in addition to clinical training experiences.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Stuttering Therapy
- Language Disorders in School-Age and Adolescence
- Articulation and Phonological Disorders: Assessment and Intervention
- Neuromotor Disorders of Speech: Description and Rehabilitation
- Vocal Rehabilitation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Health Sciences View 547 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- completed online application
- $55 nonrefundable application fee or
- $90 nonrefundable application fee for applications with international credentials
- baccalaureate degree in communication disorders or leveling coursework from a regionally accredited university
- official transcripts from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 3.0 GPA in the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- minimum 3.0 GPA in undergraduate communication disorders courses
- GRE not required
- prerequisite course form
- statement of purpose
International15440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15440 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National15440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15440 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State7880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7880 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.