Students in the MSME program take about nine to twelve additional courses tailored to their interests. The precise number of courses depends on the credits for each course, and whether you wish to work on a research project or thesis. MSME students wishing to do research will work closely with an individual ME professor. Students need a minimum of 45 graduate credits to graduate.
Since 1979, the Mechanical and Materials Engineering department at Portland State University has been serving the community by providing a high quality education to students and research that enhances the profession and continuing education opportunities for our alumni.Our Mission
- We serve and sustain a vibrant urban region through our creativity, collective knowledge and expertise.
- We are dedicated to collaborative learning, innovative research, sustainability and community engagement.
- We educate a diverse community of lifelong learners.
- Our research and teaching have global impact.
- We promote access, inclusion and equity as pillars of excellence.
- We commit to curiosity, collaboration, stewardship and sustainability.
- We strive for excellence and innovation that solves problems.
- We believe everyone should be treated with integrity and respect.
Portland State University pursues excellence through: Accessibility; innovation; collaboration; engagement; sustainability; transformation.Our Position
- An anchor institution, providing the Portland region with a highly educated population, substantial economic impact, and distinctive contributions to its culture.
- Contributing unique scholarship and research that support quality of life through problem solving.
- Delivering on our access mission, contributing to a highly educated and diverse community.
- Transmission Electron Microscopy and Chemical Analysis of Materials
- Scanning Electron Microscopy for Materials and Device Characterization
- MEMS and Microsystems
- Capillary Phenomenon
- Asymptotic Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 309 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
- Submit your application and $50 USD application fee online.
- Submit all high school transcripts/grades/records along with your graduation certificate/diploma/exam results or certificate(s).
- Submit evidence of English language proficiency that meets the university’s minimum requirements if you wish to enter university level coursework upon admission.
- Fill out the Financial Certification and Immigration Information Form and mail or submit it online to PSU.
- Submit Financial Documentation for I-20
International601 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 601 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National280 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 280 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.