The Human Factors and Ergonomics MSc program from San José State University encompasses human-machine (hardware ergonomics), human-task (workplace ergonomics), human-environment (environmental ergonomics), human-software (cognitive ergonomics) and organizational-machine (macro-ergonomics) interfaces.
Graduates with Human Factors and Ergonomics from San José State University will be able to:
- apply knowledge of the sciences of human factors and workplace ergonomics.
- design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- design a system, component, or process to meet accepted human factors and workplace ergonomics standards within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- identify, formulate and solve human factors and workplace ergonomics problems.
- understand professional and ethical responsibility.
- communicate effectively.
- understand the impact of human factors and workplace ergonomics solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- engage in, life-long learning.
- use the techniques, skills, and modern human factors and workplace ergonomics tools necessary for industrial and systems engineering practice.
- Human Factors/Ergonomics
- Human Factors Experiments
- Principles and Concepts of Perceptual Motor Learning
- Design of Experiments
- Design and Analysis of Engineering Experiments
- Experiment Design for Human Factors Engr
- Special Problems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Design Electronics & Embedded Technology View 229 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United States
- U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a country outside of the U.S.
- A 2.5 institutional GPA (from the 0.0-4.0 U.S. grading scale) in the last degree completed, or a 2.5 GPA in the last two years of full time study.
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended.
- English Language Proficiency Exam
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit U.S./Canada Transcripts
- Submit Test Scores
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
- Demonstrate an aptitude for advanced professional work in human factors/ergonomics, as measured by instructor appraisals, analysis of previous academic work, or other appropriate means.
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
- Non-CA Resident tuition includes an additional $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.