The Medical Genetics and Genomics program offered by Tulane University gives graduates an in-depth understanding of the rapidly advancing field of clinical human genetics. It is designed to prepare qualified individuals for careers in the health sciences, and to provide an educational experience that will enhance the opportunity of being admitted into a postgraduate professional school such as medical school or PhD programs.
- Most of our students are pre-med, and while it varies from year to year, we estimate that over 90% of our graduates who apply to medical school or osteopathy school have been accepted in subsequent years.
- In addition to medical school, graduates from our program have also gone on to other careers including dental school, PhD programs, genetic counseling masters programs, and working with biomedical technology companies.
- The curriculum includes courses that cover the same material as the Tulane Medical School’s first year Genetics course and first year Medical Biochemistry course.
- We offer clinical shadowing opportunities in the Tulane Genetics clinics
- Molecular Genetics
- Introduction to Medical Genetics
- Clinical Aspects of Human Genetics
- Grand Rounds in Human Genetics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Biochemistry Genetics View 717 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Letters of recommendation to Tulane University School of Medicine should be submitted through the AMCAS primary application.
- Two letters must be from science professors and one can be from a professional (professor/ supervisor) of your choosing.
- Tulane School of Medicine has joined the AMCAS Letters of Evaluations/Recommendations Service. Tulane no longer accepts mailed, faxed or emailed letters of recommendation.
- There are several ways in which a letter writer may submit letters to AMCAS: VirtualEvals, Interfolio, and via U.S. Mail. In addition, letter writers may upload letters directly to AMCAS through the AMCAS Letter Writer Application.
International23000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 USD per semester during 12 months.
National23000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New Orleans
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.