Masters graduates will be qualified to fill positions in universities, colleges, governmental agencies, foundations, and industry.
The objectives of the Master of Science in Environmental Toxicology at Texas Tech University are to provide skilled researchers with background to:
- Develop and manage nationally and internationally recognized research programs which utilize the expertise of toxicologists, chemists, engineers, wildlife biologists, ecologists, statisticians and invertebrate biologists to determine the effects of environmental contaminants on humans and free-living populations of animals.
- Increase our understanding of the fundamental mechanisms of toxic response in humans, wildlife fish and other biological resources.
- Assess the direct and indirect effects of environmental contaminants on humans, wildlife, fish and other biological resources.
- Integrate research efforts with those of federal, state and local regulatory agencies, private industry and environmental groups to provide the highest quality scientific data upon which environmentally sound policy decisions can be made.
- Provide classroom and laboratory instruction in Environmental Toxicology at the associate, baccalaureate and graduate teaching levels.
- Interpret and communicate intramural and extramural technical data so that the general public as well as the scientific community will be able to develop informed opinions on the effects of toxic substances in the environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistical Applications in Environmental Toxicology
- Chemical Sources and Fates in Environmental Systems
- Principles of Toxicology
- Biological Threats in the Environment
- Molecular Toxicology
- Fundamentals of Aquatic Ecotoxicology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesToxicology Environmental Management View 139 other Masters in Environmental Management in United States
- Application fee
- Unofficial transcripts of ALL post-secondary institutions attended, including a copy of official English translations for each transcript
- Unofficial copies of all post-secondary diplomas earned*
- Unofficial proof of English proficiency
- Proof of financial support*
- Passport bio page*
- Cover Letter
- GRE or GMAT
- Letter of Reference (2)
- Written Sample(Optional)
- Resume/CV (Optional)
International17530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17530 USD per year during 12 months.
National17530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17530 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9350 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lubbock
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.