The Disability Services in Higher Education curriculum for the degree at The City University of New York was developed with the participation of disability service office directors, lawyers familiar with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADA/AA) as it applies to colleges and universities, assistive technology specialists, and educators to ensure that graduates will be prepared to assume significant responsibility in providing accommodations to post-secondary students with disabilities.
As a student in this program, you will learn enhance your knowledge and skills to successfully:
- Advocate for equal access for students with disabilities in college settings
- Develop policies and guidelines for provision of services to students with disabilities
- Support students with learning, sensory, and psychiatric disabilities; veterans with service-related disabilities, and those on the autism spectrum
- Arrange access in dormitories, libraries, computer labs, and public college events
- Enter or advance in a career as a Disability Service specialist
More informationVisit official programme website
- Psychosocial, Cultural and Political Aspects of Disability
- Legal Aspects of Disability Services
- Assistive Technology in Higher Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation View 881 other Masters in Education in United States
- Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants are required to write a personal statement, upload a resume, and provide two letters of recommendation. An individual interview may be necessary.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!