The Business Administration (Early Career) MBA program from San José State University aims at creating general management (rather than a functional specialist) perspective. Pragmatic in approach, the focus is on problem analysis and synthesis, decision making, action taking throughout the functional areas of business, and understanding the international context of business.
The Early Career MBA program is tailored to students who have fewer than five years of work experience.
Graduates with Business Administration (Early Career) from San José State University will be able to:
- Develop a strategic level understanding of the key functions of business including marketing, accounting, finance, and organizational behavior.
- Understand decision making methods including decision trees, expected value, risk and uncertainty, and the value of information.
- Understand the major issues facing multinational corporations in the management of their international operations-particularly those of an intercultural nature.
- Explain the ethical, legal, and social consequences that ensue when ethics and the law are disregarded in favor of other objectives.
- Comprehend the factors that contribute to effective leadership of teams and understanding of the skills and behaviors necessary to be an effective team member.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand and adapt to global market changes.
- Demonstrate an ability to integrate knowledge and develop innovative solutions to remain competitive given industry dynamics (strategic integration).
- Demonstrate an ability to plan, prepare, organize, and present effective oral presentations.
- Demonstrate the principles and processes of effective written communications.
- Business Communications
- Managing in the Global Economy
- Developing and Managing People
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Law and Ethics
- Managerial Decision Analysis
- Financial Management
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Supply Chain Management & Logistics Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 1552 other Masters in Master in Business Administration (MBA) in United States
- U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or the completion of a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized, accredited, and approved institution from a country outside of the U.S.
- A 3.0 institutional GPA (from the 0.0-4.0 U.S. grading scale) in the last degree completed, or a 3.0 GPA in the last two years of full time study.
- Good academic standing at the last institution attended.
- English Language Proficiency Exam
- International Coursework and Degrees
- Submit U.S./Canada Transcripts
- Submit Test Scores
- Submit Declaration of Finance Form
- Submit Bank Letter or Bank Statement
- Submit Copy of Current Passport
- Submit Copy of Current Visa
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 24 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Non-CA Resident tuition includes an additional $396 per unit.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.