Students specialize in one of four areas:
- Environmental/Water Resources Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- The thesis option consists of a total of 45 credit hours including 6-9 hours of thesis credits plus successful completion of a final oral examination covering the thesis.
- The project option requires completion of 45 credit hours including 4 credit hours on a research project that produces a report and technical presentation.
MS students must complete a thesis or research project conducted under the supervision of a faculty member.
The MS program consists of two options:
- Advanced Methods in Hydrosystem Analysis
- Environmental Fluid Mechanical Transport
- Numerical Methods in Environmental and Water Resources Engineering
- Water Quality Modeling
- Introduction to Sediment Transport
- Estuarine Circulation
- Air Quality Modeling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 366 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
Admission requirements for the MS and MEng degrees include a B.S degree in an engineering field, science, or closely related area with a minimum GPA of 3.00.* Courses should include calculus through differential equations, physics and chemistry, computer programming, and all the necessary prerequisites for the graduate courses that comprise the student’s program of study. Applicants without these qualifications may be considered for conditional admission. To be considered for admission as a conditional student, the applicant must have a minimum GPA of 2.75. Applicants must also meet PSU graduate admission requirements.
International601 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 601 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National280 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 280 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.