Portland State University is a engaging and exciting place to increase your professional knowledge and expertise in civil and environmental engineering. We have vibrant Master’s and Ph.D.programs with full funding (tuition plus a stipend) available for top students, energetic and committed faculty,and a wonderful downtown Portland location! Our graduates easily find permanent employment opportunities with civil engineering agencies and consulting firms in the Portland region, in Oregon, along the West Coast. Our Ph.D students have additional opportunities in academic, consulting, and government agencies.
At Oregon's largest and only urban university you will have access to all Portland has to offer including abundant internship opportunities, cultural resources, nightlife, and boundless recreation opportunities in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
The Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) Department is a dynamic program where state-of-the-art laboratories and sustainability are a primary focus. Our faculty specializes in research in the following areas:
- Transportation Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Environmental and Water Resources Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
The department offers undergraduate degrees in Civil Engineering and Environmental Engineering, as well as MS, MEng, and PhD degrees in Civil and Environmental Engineering. The undergraduate Civil Engineering program incorporates elements from transportation engineering, structural engineering, geotechnical engineering and environmental/water resources engineering.
The undergraduate Environmental Engineering degree program is focused more strictly on environmental concerns and relies on coursework within the Department as well as broad-based in the sciences: environmental science, chemistry, biology, geology, and physics.
Our vision is to be known for employing the most advanced experimental and computational technologies in a sensible way to produce outstanding research, provide holistic education, and implement the created knowledge to serve society and the environment broadly.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Methods in Hydrosystem Analysis
- Environmental Fluid Mechanical Transport
- Numerical Methods in Environmental and Water Resources Engineering
- Water Quality Modeling
- Introduction to Sediment Transport
- Estuarine Circulation
- Air Quality Modeling
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 357 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Admission requirements for the MS and MEng degrees include a B.S degree in an engineering field, science, or closely related area with a minimum GPA of 3.00.* Courses should include calculus through differential equations, physics and chemistry, computer programming, and all the necessary prerequisites for the graduate courses that comprise the student’s program of study.
- Applicants without these qualifications may be considered for conditional admission.
- To be considered for admission as a conditional student, the applicant must have a minimum GPA of 2.75. Applicants must also meet PSU graduate admission requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International671 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 671 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National671 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 671 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State444 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 444 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.