- The faculty within this advanced M.Ed. Reading Education (Online) at Ohio University work to help licensed teachers further their knowledge and understanding of language and reading development, teach reading across grades K-12, administer reading assessments and make data-driven decisions, work with other teachers and specialists to design appropriate reading instruction to meet the needs of all students, and develop and conduct original research to further their own learning.
- Upon graduation, students are also eligible to apply to have the reading endorsement added to their Ohio teaching license.
- Upon completion of the program, candidates will be eligible to receive their reading endorsement. For this, the OAE reading exam must be taken and passed.
- Foundations of Language and Diversity
- Theoretical Foundations of Reading Instruction
- Literature for Children and Adolescents
- Phonics & The Structure of Language
- Diagnosis: Reading/Language Arts
- Secondary Reading Instruction
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies View 1186 other Masters in Education in United States
Applications must include:
- Undergraduate transcripts (and graduate transcripts, if any)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Autobiography – The autobiography should include relevant personal and professional information about the applicant, including a statement concerning long-range career goals (no more than two pages).
- Academic writing sample – Examples may include a published paper or a paper submitted for a course.
International17436 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8718 USD per semester during 12 months.
National17436 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8718 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State9444 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4722 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.