The M.S. degree in Cyber Security program from Wright State University is designed for individuals who want to develop skills to identify and resolve cyber security threats. The degree is focused on developing knowledge and skill applicable to protecting computer systems and computer networks.
Students with backgrounds in computer science, computer engineering, information systems or electrical engineering may apply to the program. Professionals working in the industry who have a strong technical background and related work experience are also encouraged to apply.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- The ability to integrate and apply graduate cybersecurity knowledge to solve complex cybersecurity issues and challenges.
- The ability to understand and integrate new knowledge within the field of cybersecurity into their professional activities.
- The ability to recognize the need for, and engage in, life-long learning.
- A deeper understanding of the breadth and depth of cyberspace and the inefficiencies and shortcomings of our existing evaluation systems to deal with cybersecurity threats.
- An understanding of the unique characteristics of cyberspace and how these unique characteristics affect/influence cybersecurity threats.
- The ability to identify social, political, and economic factors/impacts of cyber threats and be able to identify and discuss ethical issues related to cybersecurity and privacy.
- Recognition of the basic concepts of cyber security defense and be able to use software tools for malware identification and elimination, data encryption and transmission, and key-based authentication.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Cyber Network Security
- Host Computer Security
- Information Security
- Security Attacks and Defenses
- Cloud Computing
- Privacy Aware Computing
- Visualization and Image Processing for Cyber Security
- Trust Networks
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 115 other Masters in Cyber Security in United States
- A Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field
The GRE requirement is waived:
- For applicants with a bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering from Wright State and a 3.3 minimum GPA
- For applicants with a graduate degree in a science, math, or engineering field from a U.S. institution
International24286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12143 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National24286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12143 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State14298 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7149 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.