- Students of the M.S.N. Nurse Educator from Ohio University online program will learn teaching strategies, develop nursing curriculum and patient education materials, evaluate educational activities, and create staff development opportunities. The program includes a hands-on teaching experience practicum allowing you to use the evidence-based methods you've learned to solve healthcare challenges through nursing education. You may complete this experience at an academic or professional development setting close to your home.
- In this Nurse Educator program at Ohio University, you will learn to serve in the essential role as teacher, trainer, mentor and role model. Position yourself to expertly pass on your clinical expertise to the next generation. You will acquire advanced knowledge of nursing theory and practice as well as understand the design, delivery, assessment and evaluation of nursing education programs in a variety of settings. Graduates of this program are often RNs pursuing advanced positions such as nurse educators and clinical nurse leaders in higher education institutions and healthcare organizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theoretical Basis for Practice
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Assessment and Intervention in Family Care
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Analyzing EBP for APN
- Advanced Health Appraisal for Nurse Educators
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Nursing View 3549 other Masters in Education in United States
- Awarded Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from regionally accredited institution.
- You must submit transcripts from each institution you have attended, even if they have previously been sent to Undergraduate Admissions.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 across all college transcripts.
- A professional goals statement.
- Resumé including (at a minimum): education experience, last five years of work experience (in reverse-chronological order), license and certifications and community/professional service history.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s ability to complete graduate-level coursework and practice abilities.
- Evidence of the equivalent of two years full-time experience working as an RN within the past five years.
International620 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 620 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National620 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 620 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State601 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 601 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.