All incoming graduate students in the Musicology program at The University of Alabama must take the graduate diagnostic examination in music theory. Current graduate students must take the comprehensive examination, which includes a music history section, before being admitted to candidacy.The School of Music offers master of music degrees in the following areas:
- Choral conducting
- Composition with an emphasis in arranging
- Organ performance with an emphasis in church music
- Performance (concentrations in piano, organ, organ with church music emphasis, voice and individual orchestral instruments)
- Performance (woodwind option)
- Piano accompanying
- Wind conducting
More informationVisit official programme website
- Seminar in Musicology
- Proseminar in Ethnomusicology
- Special Topics in Musicology
- Special Topics in Musicology and Ethnomusicology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMusic View 975 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An online application form
- Application fee payment
- Statement of purpose
- Unofficial admission scores (GRE, GMAT, MAT or MCAT; if required by the department)
- Unofficial transcripts
- Letters of recommendation
- Language scores (non-native English speakers)
International30250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15125 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National302450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 151225 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State10780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5390 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.