Earning a master’s degree in this discipline allows students the opportunity to:
- Develop critical thinking skills based on research and used to make a positive impact on families.
- Create a more competitive resume to earn supervisory or administrative positions.
- Develop research skills to design and conduct a scholarly project (i.e., thesis) related to children and/or families in an area of their interest.
- Present your research at regional, national and international conferences and network with other professionals and/or graduate students .
- Publish a scholarly project with a faculty advisor.
- Prepare to pursue a doctorate degree.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Child Development
- Dynamics of Family Relations
- Research Methods
- Thesis Research
- Research Practicum
- Infant Development
- Family Crises
- Preschool Development and Curriculum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation Family & Consumer Science View 158 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in United States
- Applicant data sheet and statement of purpose
- One transcript for each U.S. or international institution of higher education
- Admissions test scores less than five years old
- The application fee is $65 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents and $80 for international applicants
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Additional application materials (e.g., portfolios, writing samples, responses to essay questions, etc.) required by individual departments
- International applicants must submit one certified copy in the native language along with certified precise word-for-word English translations of all transcripts, diplomas, and certificates of degree.
International29230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14615 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National10780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5390 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.