- Programs at the Middle Tennessee State University are tailored to students’ interests and produce graduates able to adapt to and thrive in this dynamic field. Students may choose from Equine Education, Equine Physiology or Industry Management concentrations. Only the top qualified applicants are invited for an interview at the applicant’s expense, prior to final acceptance into the program. Faculty members mentor students in curriculum development and provide training in scientific methods, principles of equine student education and instruction, and general industry practices.
- All M.S. degree candidates share a common core of coursework in statistics, research methods, and multiple disciplines in Horse Science and animal science. A significant number of elective credit hours are available, permitting each student to customize the program with courses in other departments. A limited number of graduate teaching assistantships are available.
- Genetics of Domestic Livestock
- Research Methods in Agricultural Science
- Graduate Seminar in Agriculture
- Issues in the Equine Industry
- Advanced Equine Nutrition
- Coaching and Teaching for Equine Competition
- Legal Issues and Risk Management in Sport and Leisure Services
- Socio-Cultural and Ethical Issues in Leisure and Sport
- Management of Equine Events and Facilities
- Financial Management and Marketing of Leisure and Sport Services
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Animal Sciences View 1291 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Admissions are based on a comprehensive assessment of a candidate’s qualifications including Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores or scores on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT), undergraduate and graduate grade point average, and letters of recommendation.Applicants who do not meet admission requirements but whose overall record indicates the potential for success may be considered for conditional admission. Students admitted conditionally must meet all conditions established by the Horse Science Graduate Committee in order to remain in the program.
International18288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18288 USD per year during 24 months.
National18288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18288 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State7212 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7212 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Murfreesboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.