About the program
The Adolescence Education - English program at Fordham University builds on a candidate’s undergraduate English major and develops their knowledge and understanding of adolescent learning and development, educational theory, and best practices in English Education.
The program leads to a Master of Science in Teaching degree and initial New York State certification.
Teacher candidates who meet all program requirements, complete the course of study and meet established field experience competencies are eligible for Fordham University’s endorsement for New York state initial certification in their program area.
Pass rates for Fordham’s initial teacher education graduates on the NYSTCE Teacher exams have been over 95% each year.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Adolescence Education Portfolio
- Collaboration and Co-Teaching in Classroom Learning Environments
- Developing Digital Literacies
- Foundations of Adolescent Literacy and English Language
- Historical, Philosophical, and Multicultural Foundations of American Education
- Integrated Instruction in ELA
- Language and Culture: Adolescence English Language Arts
- Literacy and Learning Across the Curriculum
- Special Education Foundations: Past, Present, and Future
- Special Topics in Educational Technology
- Teaching and Assessing Composition
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies View 904 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- All applicants must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and have obtained a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B). If you have received a post bachelors degree from an accredited college or university, a minimum GPA of 3.5 is required.
- Official transcripts of all coursework taken at the undergraduate and/or graduate level, including study abroad transcripts, must be submitted to the GSE Office of Admissions in official sealed envelopes.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- GRE/MAT Exams
International1442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1442 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1442 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.