It combines intensive study of theology, pastoral development, active engagement in spiritual formation, and a supervised ministry placement you and a faculty advisor will select based on your interests.
In order to give its students integrated preparation for their work and careers, the STM also offers dual-degree master’s programsin partnership with Boston College’s School of Social Work (M.S.W.); Lynch School of Education (M.A., Counseling); Carroll School of Management (M.B.A.); and Connell School of Nursing (M.S.).
Highlights of the M.A. program include:
- Theological, ministerial, and spiritual formation in a two-year, 48-credit program
- Choice of standard ministry, religious education, or Hispanic ministry tracks
- Most students complete the M.A. program in two years; our dual-degree programs typically demand three years
- The Hybrid M.A. program can be completed through a combination of online and on-campus coursework
- Thesis project required
For more information visit the university's website.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 654 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
All applicants must submit a self-reported transcript with course names translated into English. There is no need to convert your GPA to the 4.0 scale.
- TOEFL/IELTS for international applicants
- GRE General Test recommended
- At least 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
International1744 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1744 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National1744 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1744 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Tuition Rate (per credit hour)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.