Also offered are a number of graduate certificates: business analytics and data science, business intelligence, digital media, digital supply chain management, electronic and social commerce, enterprise resource planning, human-computer interaction, mobile business and technology, project management (jointly offered with the engineering management and systems engineering department).
These graduate certificates are intended for students who wish to specialize and for working professionals who want to stay ahead of rapidly changing technology. Each graduate certificate program consists of a four-course sequence from existing graduate-level courses. Certificate credits earned by students admitted to the M.S. program will count toward their master’s degree.
Students admitted just to the certificate program will have non-matriculated status. However, if they complete the four-course sequence with a grade of “B” or better in each of the courses taken, they will be admitted to the M.S. program if they so choose. In addition, successful completion of the graduate certificate offered in the business program, with grades of "B" or better in each of the courses will also enable admission to the IS&T M.S. program. Admitted students must still meet the admissions requirements relative to undergraduate coursework.
The faculty is active in studying the design and application of the web and has external support for research. Research experiences are integrated into the classroom experience. Specially equipped research laboratories are available to support studies in human-computer interaction and experiments with computer networks, as are general purpose computing laboratories that are available to all Information Science and Technology students. A large number of computing languages and special-purpose software tools are available on various platforms. While instruction and research are on the leading edge of information systems, the department endeavors to keep class sizes small to facilitate student and faculty interactions.
It is the policy of the Missouri University of Science and Technology to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status; to prohibit discrimination in recruitment, employment or conditions of employment, including salary and benefits related thereto; to promote employment opportunity and to take affirmative action in this regard.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Technological Innovation Management and Leadership
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Advanced Information Systems Project Management
- Foundations of Internet Computing
- Foundations of Computer Architecture
- Law and Ethics in E-Commerce
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
Priority Application Deadlines
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences View 458 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
- A submitted online application
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Two letters of recommendation
- Transcripts (in English) from all colleges and universities attended. All unofficial copies of transcripts and scores can be uploaded to your online application for S&T to review. Upon arrival on campus, you must request that an official copy of your transcript(s) to be sent to us directly from your previous university’s registrar's office and all official scores reported directly from the respective testing agency. Once we receive the official documents, we will verify them. If there are any discrepancies between the unofficial documents you submitted, Missouri S&T will withdraw your admission and you will not be allowed to apply to S&T in the future.
- A statement of purpose
- A resume or curriculum vitae
International29298 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29298 USD per year during 12 months.
National27580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27580 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8864 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Missouri City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.