At Education from Indiana University East we work with teachers to ensure that they are presented with opportunities to collaborate and grow professionally.
Teaching is a multifaceted and constantly evolving profession, so teachers require this support and collaboration with their colleagues to become seasoned and effective educators. The School of Education believes that the committment teachers hold to their profession requires an educator to be a life-long learner.
Graduates with Education from Indiana University East will:
- be committed to students and their learning.
- know the subjects they teach and how to teach those subjects to students.
- be responsible for managing and monitoring student learning.
- think systematically about their practice and learn from experience.
- be members of learning communities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- School Community Relations
- Emergent Literacy
- Curriculum in Early Childhood Education
- Math Methods
- Elementary School Curriculum
- Human Diversity in Education
- Culminating Research Component
- Education and Social Issues
- Critical Thinking and Education
- Instruction in the Context of Curriculum
- Topical Workshop in Special Education: variable title
- Special Education for Graduate Students
- Assistive Technology in Special Education
- Survey of Behavior Disorders
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications received prior to May 1 will be given priority consideration. After May 1, prospective students need to contact the director of graduate studies.
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 4063 other Masters in Education in United States
- Completed application form: submitted in the admissions portfolio.
- Professional objective statement articulating your professional objectives and career plan. Limit document to 500-750 words.
- Two signed and sealed letters of recommendation— letters should be written by persons with personal knowledge of the candidate’s work with students and teaching colleagues.
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts mailed directly to IU East Office of Admissions.
- Documentation of professional dispositions and potential, selected by the candidate and included in the admission portfolio.
- A personal interview: an interview will be completed with the Graduate Admissions and Retention Committee, or designee.
- Current professional résumé.
- A non-refundable application fee made out to IU East.
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 must be maintained to graduate from the program.
- English Proficiency
International26424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 734 USD per credit during 12 months.
National26424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 734 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State11196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 311 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.