The Master of Divinity at Wake Forest University encourages students to explore the rich histories and traditions of Christianity, to understand the changing social and religious landscape of our times, and to gain awareness and practical experience of the issues facing churches in their local and global contexts. Through their studies in the MDiv curriculum, students will connect their knowledge of a full range of theological and ministry disciplines with what they encounter in ministry settings and in the world. Through imaginative courses and community engagement, students are challenged to become religious leaders committed to justice, reconciliation, and compassion in Christian churches and other ministries.
Goals of the MDiv Program
- A knowledge of Christian scripture, history, and theology that is substantial and relevant for ministry;
- Evidence of sustained reflection on and participation in spiritual nurturing, both individual and communal;
- Development of skills, gifts, and arts of ministry appropriate for leadership in local congregations and other settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Old Testament Interpretation
- Introduction to New Testament
- Interpreting New Testament Letters
- Interpreting New Testament Gospels
- History of Christianity
- Christian Theology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Teaching View 1311 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Each application, whether from a domestic or international applicant, is evaluated and considered on its own merits and academic qualifications. Consideration is also given to previous research experience, publications, and work performance.
- International applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examinations
- Applicants whose native language is not English, but English was the primary medium of instruction at the public, undergraduate, or graduate school level, should include an official statement from their degree granting institution confirming that English was the medium of instruction. Once this statement has been received, the Graduate School will confirm by email or written document that the English requirement has been met.
International38650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38650 USD per year during 36 months.
National38650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38650 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Winston-Salem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.