The University of North Carolina Wilmington Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry has an active research program in chemical education, which keeps our faculty on the cutting edge of innovative teaching methodologies. The UNCW Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry has extensive experience working with corporate partners and their employees within our current graduate fellows program.
One of the most important factors contributing our current success is the close supervision and mentoring of students by faculty (ca. 1.5:1). A result of this close contact between students and faculty is that interactions are very collegial which provides the necessary atmosphere for the free exchange of new thoughts and ideas. The results of this close supervision of students by faculty are graduates who are well trained and highly sought after by both Ph.D. institutions and industry. Success of the graduates is indicated by the close to 100% placement in relevant positions.
In response to regional econonic needs, the department also added a track in pharmaceutical chemistry to the M.S. degree program. It is funded by a substantial gift from a local high-growth company that conducts contract chemical analyses for the pharmaceutical industry.
- Mass Spectrometry and NMR Spectroscopy
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Advanced Physical Chemistry
- Advanced Analytical Chemistry
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Advanced Biochemistry
- Comprehensive Literature Review
- Medicinal Chemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Biochemistry View 667 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
- A major factor in admissions decisions is how a person did as an undergraduate. Generally we look for a GPA of at least 3.0 and a strong chemistry background. Work experience, recommendations, and GRE scores are also considered.
- An official application for graduate admission
- Official transcripts of all college work (undergraduate and graduate)
- Three professional references
- Official scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) (verbal, quantitative and analytical only)
International18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 24 months.
National18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State4720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4720 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Wilmington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.