Program Type: The Educational Leadership (Special Education Administration) program at Grand Valley State University emphasis in Special Education Administration allows completers to work in K-12th grade Special Education administrative settings.
- The College of Education values expertise to guide our practice, equity to guide our interactions, liberal education to guide our perspectives, and social responsibility to guide our commitment to democratic education. We value these ideals in our preparation of candidates, our development of faculty, and our relationships with the larger community we serve.
- The special education administration program is known for its comprehensive approach to preparing individuals for the many facets of special education administration including special education law, finance, personnel administration, staff development, curriculum, and current issues. Students participating in this program can receive a master’s degree in special education administration or obtain approval as a special education supervisor or director of special education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Foundations of Special Education Administration
- Administration of Special Education Programs and Services
- Curriculum and Instruction Leadership in Special Education Administration
- Special Education Law
- Special Education Finance
- Personnel Administration
- School and Community Relationships
- Elementary Supervision and Evaluation
- Secondary Supervision and Evaluation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Special Education View 1710 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Application Materials: Graduate application, application fee, official transcripts from all previous colleges or universities attended, and copies of teaching/administrative certificates
- Recommendations: Three professional or academic recommendations on COE recommendation forms
- Grade Point Average: Grade point average of 3.0 or better for the last 60 credits of undergraduate work taken from a regionally accredited institution; or
- Previous Master’s Degree: A prior master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution will be accepted in lieu of the minimum grade point average.
- Candidates should submit materials to GVSU Admissions, Allendale, MI 49401. When all application materials have been received
International718 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 718 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National718 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 718 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.