Students learn the chemical, biological, microbiological, nutritional, engineering and economic aspects of food, as well as the social impacts of the foods people eat, including how they affect various issues, including economy, psychology, and culture.Due to an increased awareness in recent years of how food directly affects the population’s health, there is a greater demand for professionals trained in nutrition and food science. The general public has begun to realize just how important it is to eat well-balanced meals. This means that the opportunities for careers in nutrition are at an all-time high.
Graduates in nutrition and food sciences can pursue the following careers:
- Nutrition specialist
- Food scientist
- Research and development for food companies
- Quality control and safety assurance work
- Biomedical research
- Work in secondary schools as a nutrition specialist
- Pharmaceutical sales
- Food sales and marketing
- Quality assurance specialist
- Product development scientist
- Food technologist
- Food production manager
- WIC Nutritionist
- Nutrition education
- Food service manager
- Patient services manager
More informationVisit official programme website
- NDFS Graduate courses
- Biochemistry and Statistics
- NDFS Graduate Seminar
- Teaching or Occupational Experience
- Other Graduate Courses
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Students may have better opportunities to receive funding if they apply in time for fall semester.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences View 227 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
- Applicants are not required to have bachelor’s degrees in nutrition or food sciences, but they must have strong backgrounds in science and mathematics. There may be prerequisite courses needed for make up in some situations. These can be taken concurrently with graduate coursework and are determined on a case-to-case basis.
- To be accepted to the program, it is recommended that applicants first contact a specific faculty member with whom they are interested in working. If the faculty member is accepting graduate students and agrees to work with the student, the student can then apply by completing the following application requirements:
International41182 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20591 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National41182 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20591 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5883 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.