The Special Education program offered by University of Nevada, Reno focuses on the preparation of teachers to work with students with disabilities in PK-12 schools. Teachers may also be prepared to work in early childhood educational settings with infants and toddlers with disabilities and their families.
Graduates with MEd in Special Education from University of Nevada, Reno will:
- develop an in-depth understanding of special education policy and law, student characteristics, instructional methods, assessment, behavior management, and working collaboratively with families.
- be familiar with the professional literature related foundations and research in special education related to their area of emphasis. T
- be able to interpret and evaluate research findings and apply them to special education and early intervention settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Trends and Issues in Special Education
- Introduction to Educational Research
- Special Topics in Advanced Educational Measurement and Statistics
- Teaching Students with Intellectual Disabilities
- Augmentative/Alternative Communication
- Medical Aspects of Disabilities
- Assessment of Students with Severe Disabilities
- Career/Community Life: Persons with Severe Disabilities
- Advanced Behavior Management in Severe Disabilities
- Supervision and Field Work with Exceptional Children
- Behavioral Systems in Education
- Philosophical Foundations of Behavior Analysis in Education
- Ethics in Special Education and Behavior Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Early Childhood Education View 490 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
- Completion of the program application
- Passing scores Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators in Reading, Writing, and Math or CBEST. If you provide evidence of a Nevada Teaching License without a provision for the basic skills test or have a master's degree in another area, you are exempt from this requirement.
- Statement of professional goals
- 1-2 page resume
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- Qualified in the professional judgment of the program faculty
International21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
National21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5352 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.