Students in the Electrical Engineering program of the Utah State University have the opportunity to study in many different areas and graduates will be prepared for careers as electrical engineers in almost any kind of industry. Students have regular access to faculty for mentoring in both research pursuits and career advisement.
Students may take courses in several different areas within electrical engineering, including control systems, electromagnetic and microwaves, space systems, and signals and communication.
Since nearly everyone uses electricity and electrical devices, graduates in electrical engineering can work in almost any kind of industry. Electrical engineers develop anything from rockets, cell phones, computers, antennas, signal towers, robotics, and more. The following are examples of areas in which electrical engineers can work:
- Scientific research and development firms
- Electrical component manufacturing companies
- Power generation, distribution, and transmission
- Manufacturers of navigation controls, medical equipment, and measurement devices
- Architectural firms
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Electric Power Systems
- Power Electronics
- Electrical Energy Engineering
- Power Electronics for Electric Drive Vehicles
- Electro-optical Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering View 304 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United States
- Non-electrical and computer engineering undergraduate majors may be accepted provisionally into the ECE graduate program if they meet the required qualifications set by the ECE graduate committee and complete the following pre-requisites with a B or better grade: Microelectronics, Signals and Systems, Microcomputing Hardware and Software, Electromagnetics, Operating Systems and Currency Computer Engineering Majors
- Students may take these prerequisites concurrently with graduate coursework depending on the amount of prerequisites they need. These situations are handled on a case-to-case basis
- Application Requirements
- Complete the online application
- Pay the $55 application fee
- Score at or above the 40th percentile on the verbal GRE and 75th percentile on the quantitative GRE
- Have a 3.0 or higher GPA on your last 60 semester or 90 quarter credits
- Provide transcripts of all college/university credits
- Provide three contacts for letters of recommendation
International15346 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7673 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National15346 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7673 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State4384 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2192 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.