The Philosophy program offered by University of Nevada, Reno is designed for students who intend to apply to PhD programs in philosophy, who intend to teach philosophy at the community-college level, who seek a philosophy degree for the grounding it provides for other areas of study (e.g., law, science, practical ethics, theology), or who wish to acquire a deeper understanding of philosophical traditions and contemporary developments.
Graduates with M.A. in Philosophy from University of Nevada, Reno will:
- explore central debates - both historical and contemporary - in social, political, ethical and legal philosophy.
- work with faculty members who have research specializations in a number of areas within value theory, including liberal and democratic theory, feminism, Marxism, critical theory, among others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- EARLY MODERN PHILOSOPHY
- 19TH CENTURY PHILOSOPHY
- AMERICAN PHILOSOPHY
- RECENT FRENCH PHIL
- PHILOSOPHY OF LANGUAGE
- PHILOSOPHY OF COGNITIVE SCIENCE
- PHILOSOPHY OF MIND
- PROBLEMS IN THE HISTORY AND PHILOSOPHY OF SCIENCE
- THEORY OF KNOWLEDGE
- ETHICAL THEORY
- Ethical Theory
- Topics in Philosophy of Law
- Global Ethics and Justice
- Political Philosophy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Plan A (Thesis required): 30 units.
- Plan B (Thesis not required): 33 units
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 190 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
- Completed undergraduate philosophy majors or minors
- Letter of Intent: a letter describing your interests and goals and explaining why you want to pursue your studies in our department. Be sure to indicate that you are interested in the Ethics, Law and Politics Graduate Certificate.
- Writing Sample: a sample of your recent writing in philosophy, if you have one; or of some other type of recent writing that will indicate your aptitude for philosophical work.
- References: two letters of recommendation
International21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21006 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21006 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State5352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5352 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.