The Journalism program at University of Miami is an intensive combination of academic study and hands-on practice designed to develop competitive, high-level, cross-platform digital storytelling skills appropriate for today’s media landscape. Students take a common core of courses designed to provide a foundation in all aspects of contemporary journalism. Beyond that, students have the opportunity to focus their work in a particular area of study, including broadcast journalism, news and feature writing, and various aspects of multimedia journalism.
Through a combination of journalism courses and related courses offered by other programs, students may also concentrate some of their work in particular areas of interest (e.g., sports reporting, journalism for social change or international journalism). The program begins in the fall semester and lasts for 18 months. No prior training or experience in journalism is required.
The MA program in Journalism program at the University of Miami strives to prepare its students to conduct journalistic research and to turn that information into dynamic content—written, audio, video, digital—for presentation to global media audiences.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theories and Methods for Mass Communication Research
- Multimedia Design
- Media Law and Ethics Seminar
- Infographics And Data Visualization
- Seminar in Visual Storytelling
- The Business Of Modern Journalism
- Internship In Journalism And Media Management
- Comparative Media Systems
- Newswriting and Reporting Seminar
- Computer-Assisted Reporting
- Television News Reporting
- Interactive Storytelling
- Reporting and the Internet
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesJournalism View 106 other Masters in Journalism in United States
- Request one official transcript from each post-secondary institution (college or university) that you have attended. A baccalaureate degree is required from an accredited institution.
- Letters of recommendation can be submitted online
- Students should send their official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- Students should submit a 500 word typed statement of academic and professional goals.
- TOEFL (if applicable) scores from ETS
- A copy of passport.
- Copy of diploma with English translation for degrees earned outside of the United States.
- Official / original transcripts with English translation.
International2100 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 USD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
National2100 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 USD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.