For students who wish to pursue both school counseling licensure from the Office of Public Instruction and State of Montana licensure (LPC or LCPC) simultaneously, there is a 60 credit hour degree program that can be set up with consultation with an advisor. Students should be aware the Montana Board of Social Work and Licensed Professional Counselors, not the MSU Billings College of Education, control that licensure. Students who wish to pursue licensure should use the coursework for the K-12 option and the programmatic requirements established by the Montana Board of Social Work and Licensed Professional Counselors for LPC/LCPC eligibility.
Most of the courses in this program are offered online and some are offered in the evening allowing for flexible completion of the program.
Careers: What can you do with a degree in School Counseling?
- Counselor K-12 Schools
- Mental Health Counselor
- Youth Services Counselor
- Case Manager
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theories of Counseling
- Practicum: Counseling and Therapy Techniques
- Ethical and Professional Issues for Counselors and Family Therapists
- Practicum: Multicultural and Gender Issues in Counseling and Family Therapy
- Career and Lifestyle Development
- Group and Individual Evaluation
- Counseling in the Elementary and Middle School
- Organization and Administration of School Counseling
- Group Process: Theory and Practice
- Education of Exceptional Learners
- Internship School Counseling (Elementary)
- Internship School Counseling (Secondary)
- Capstone in School Counseling
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Counselling View 1524 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
General requirementsAdmission Requirements;
- UGPA/GGPA: Official Transcripts for All Previous Coursework
- GRE: Complete Revised General Test
- Personal Goal Statement: Complete 300-400 Word Statement
- Four References: 2 Professional; 2 Academic
- Submission of Current (last 5 years) Resume
International1088 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1088 USD per credit and a duration of 30 months.
National540 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 540 USD per credit and a duration of 30 months.
- Tuition fee per credit hour
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.