Students in the Communication Studies - Intercultural Communication program at University of Miami complete coursework in persuasion, interpersonal, intercultural, organizational, and health communication together with research methods applicable to these areas.
Two programs are offered. The thesis program emphasizes the student’s development of research skills under faculty supervision (30 credits). The non-thesis program focuses on a theoretical foundation with emphasis on applied communication (36 credits). Students will be prepared for leadership positions in public or private organizations at the national or international level, or pursue advance degrees.
The goals of the Master of Arts Program in Communication Studies are to provide students with a rigorous graduate level academic experience, comprehensive understanding of theoretical communication concepts, and development of advanced oral, written, critical thinking, and research skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theories of Communication
- Methods of Communication Research
- Qualitative Research Methodologies
- Special Topics in Communication
- Seminar in Persuasive Communication
- Intercultural Communication: International Perspectives
- Intercultural Communication: Domestic Perspectives
- Culture and Organizations
- Culture And Health
- The Executive Communicator
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 478 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- Send Official Transcripts
- Letters of recommendation can be submitted online
- Students should send their official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- Students should submit a 500 word typed statement of academic and professional goals.
- TOEFL (if applicable) scores from ETS
- A copy of passport.
- Copy of diploma with English translation for degrees earned outside of the United States.
- Official / original transcripts with English translation.
International2100 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2100 USD per credit during 12 months.
National2100 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2100 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.