The Justice Management program offered by University of Nevada, Reno is conferred solely by the university and is organized jointly by the School of Social Research and Justice Studies, the National Judicial College and the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges. It is also supported by other organizations. The degree program is the only one of its kind in the nation.
The program offers three areas of concentration (juvenile justice management, adult justice management and executive court and agency administration) and provides a large selection of courses allowing students to create a program of study unique to their interests and professional needs. Special topic courses include a wide variety of study areas and address current trends in justice administration.
Graduates with Master of Justice Management from University of Nevada, Reno will gain:
- Theoretical knowledge: Students will become proficient in the diagnosis and analysis of problems through techniques developed by the social, behavioral and natural sciences.
- Research/Scholarly knowledge: Students will develop research and problem solving skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Justice Management
- Methods of Program Research, Design, and Evaluation
- Criminal Law & Procedure
- Juvenile and Family Law & Procedure
- Professional Juvenile Justice Manager
- Supervision & Staff Development
- Victims’ Issues
- Early Intervention
- Mental Health Issues
- Juvenile Sex Offenders
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Minimum 30 units for thesis option; minimum 32 units for non-thesis option.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Public Law View 1796 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Admission to the University of Nevada, Reno Graduate School, which requires an undergraduate grade-point average of 2.75 (or 3.0 for last half of undergraduate study). If the applicant does not meet this criteria, admission to graduate standing can be considered after a student has taken a limited number of courses as a Graduate Special.
- A completed baccalaureate degree from an appropriately accredited institution.
- Approval by the JM Admission Committee.
International21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
National21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5352 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.