The Anthropology program offered by University of Nevada, Reno prepares students for gaining skills and experience in original research.
Students pursuing the master of arts degree must satisfy all graduate school requirements. A thesis is required. Optional tracks for the thesis include prehistoric/historical archaeology, cultural anthropology, linguistic anthropology or physical/biological anthropology.
During our M.A. in Anthropology at University of Nevada, Reno students will:
- discuss the concepts that allow the intellectual integration of four sub-fields together into anthropology; and each sub-field’s major contributions to the scientific and humanistic study of our own species.
- be successful in finding professional employment in their specialty; or alternatively students should be able to apply successfully to doctoral programs at any university in the U.S.A.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Individual Reading
- Graduate Research
- Graduate Seminar in Cultural Anthropology
- Graduate Seminar in Physical Anthropology
- Graduate Seminar in Archaeology and Prehistory
- Seminar Anthropological Problems
- Advanced Seminar in Quaternary Studies
- Graduate Seminar in Anthropological Linguistics
- Lithic Technological Organization
- Great Basin Prehistory and Paleoecology
- Peopling of the Americas
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesAnthropology View 177 other Masters in Anthropology in United States
- University admission application, official transcripts and GRE scores should be received electronically by the Graduate School, so that they reach the department office by the deadline.
In addition to all Graduate School application materials, the department requires two additional documents:
- Personal statement
- Graduate assistantship application
International21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
National21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5352 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.