What to Expect
As a Biomedical Engineering major at the University of South Carolina , you will develop the ability to identify, formulate and solve open-ended problems at the interface of engineering and medicine using skills acquired in mathematics; biological, chemical and physical sciences; and engineering. You will also learn how to communicate technical material, function on a multidisciplinary team, demonstrate professional and ethical responsibility, continue along a path of lifelong learning and recognize economic, social and global issues related to the profession.
You will enjoy courses with hands-on laboratory components as well as a senior capstone design sequence, during which you will work on problems defined by doctors or biomedical engineering industries. You will also be encouraged to get involved with research opportunities.
What can I specialize in?
The curriculum provides the opportunity to engage in different technical and engineering, as well as business school electives. You may choose between a project management, entrepeneurship or technical track; elective components will be tailored to your specific interests.
A major in biomedical engineering can prepare you for careers in:
- design, development and manufacturing of medical devices and procedures
- federal agencies such as the FDA or U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Anatomy and Physiology for Biomedical Engineers
- Delivery of Bioactive Agents
- Engineering Analysis (exclusively for Master's Accelerator students)
- Human Cell and Molecular Biology for Biomedical Engineers
- Modeling and Simulation of Biomedical Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Bioinformatics View 287 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor's Degree: From an accredited college or university (or international equivalent)
- Official Transcripts
- Official Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee: $50 for students using the general application.
- English Proficiency Requirement
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22302 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22302 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
22,302 - 30,183 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.