The master’s program is designed to provide students with a basic grounding in the scope and methodology of the discipline, while at the same time allowing maximum flexibility in developing a program of study that will meet students’ career objectives. It is recommended that students preparing themselves for PhD work emphasize empirical theory, quantitative skills and strategies and techniques of conducting research. Students may select coursework to help them prepare for such career fields as governmental service, public and private education, community service, and private industry. In developing an appropriate and coherent program of study, each graduate student works closely with the major professor and committee of advisors.
The Department accommodates the master’s student who attends part time by scheduling sufficient graduate-level courses in the late afternoons and evenings to enable the student to earn a master’s degree through part-time attendance.
More informationVisit official programme website
- British Politics
- Politics of Eastern Europe
- Russian and Post-Soviet Politics
- The Politics of Authoritarian Regimes
- International Law
- Politics of Developing Countries
- Politics of Revolution in Developing Nations
- Latin American Politics
- The Arab-Israeli Conflict
- African Politics
- The Politics of International Economic Relations
- Seminar in Comparative Politics: (Subtitled)
- German Politics and the New Europe
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 244 other Masters in Political Science in United States
An applicant must meet Graduate School requirements plus these departmental requirements to be considered for admission to the program:
- Undergraduate major or substantial work in the field of political science.
- Undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 (4.0 scale).
- Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with applicant’s scholastic ability and achievements.
- Submission of Graduate Record Examination scores. Applications will not be considered until scores are received.
International24898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24898 USD per year and a duration of .
National24898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24898 USD per year and a duration of .
In-State11861 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11861 USD per year and a duration of .
Minnesota - $18202Illinois - $17054
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.