Today’s tumultuous, often life-threatening atmospheric changes requires a high level of expertise to help society navigate and cope in constructive ways. This program offers the experience to fill critical roles in research and helping society adapt. With this knowledge, you can help increase our understanding of the atmosphere, protect health and property in communities, and create opportunities in private industry.
Why Study Atmospheric Sciences at University of North Dakota?
Atmospheric scientists assess and forecast weather patterns, analyze trends in the climate, monitor air quality and more. The next generation of atmospheric sciences experts will be part of the solution in tackling the evolving challenges of our planet.
With this UND graduate program, you'll have opportunities to:
- Work with faculty who are conducting cutting edge research with agencies such as NASA, NSF, and the Naval Research Laboratory.
- Gain a solid understanding of evolving nature and the atmospheric forces all around us.
- Prepare to work in a wide variety of agencies, laboratories, businesses and educational institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Atmospheric Dynamics
- Advanced Synoptic Meteorology
- Advanced Mesoscale Dynamics
- Atmospheric Chemistry
- Atmospheric Radiation
- Advanced Climatology
- Advanced Earth System Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAstronomy & Space Sciences Climate Studies & Meteorology View 66 other Masters in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United States
- A four-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university. For U.S. degrees, accreditation must be by one of the six regional accrediting associations.
- Completion of a minimum of 20 semester credits of appropriate undergraduate work, e.g., physics, mathematics, chemistry, engineering, and/or atmospheric science.
- A cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 for all undergraduate work or a GPA of at least 3.00 for the last two years.
- Scores on the general portion of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Satisfy the School of Graduate Studies’ English Language Proficiency requirements as listed in the graduate catalog.
International22120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22120 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National16590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16590 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State11060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11060 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Minnesota residents: 14,046 USD per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.