The master’s in Anthropology at California State University Northridge is particularly well-suited for students who want to enter a Ph.D. program in anthropology but may not have the preparation necessary to enroll in such a program directly; teach in the community colleges; or establish a career in a field that utilizes anthropological methods, theory and/or data. All students in the program are required to take seminars in sociocultural anthropology, archaeology, physical anthropology and anthropological theory. In addition, students take elective courses to fit with their area of specialization. They complete their degrees either by passing a series of comprehensive exams or by writing a thesis. Those who want to teach anthropology at the community college level are encouraged, but not required, to choose the comprehensive exam alternative. Students who plan to enter a Ph.D. program in Anthropology are strongly encouraged to write the thesis. Students who plan other anthropology-related careers (e.g., museum work, public folklore, etc.) will decide between the examination and thesis alternatives in consultation with the graduate advisor.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Anthropological Theory and Method
- Problems in Cultural Anthropology
- Problems in Physical Anthropology
- Problems in Archaeology
- Seminar in Management of Archaeological Resources
- Problems in Applied Anthropology
- Anthropological Research Design
- Proposal and Grant Writing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesAnthropology View 165 other Masters in Anthropology in United States
- Completion of minimum University requirement for admission to graduate standing.
- Two-page written statement by applicant indicating research and career objectives.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who can evaluate the applicant’s potential for success in graduate studies.
- Demonstration of research and writing skills.
International20286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20286 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National20286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20286 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State8406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8406 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.