The Conducting - Instrumental program at Southern Methodist University develops knowledge and skills in historical context, performing practice, interpretive issues, performance techniques, kinetic control, non-verbal communication, rehearsal techniques, aural skills, organizational techniques and marketing. The degree requires an emphasis in either orchestral or wind ensemble conducting.
Students applying to the M.M. in Instrumental Conducting program at SMU Meadows School of the Arts must submit video of their conducting and interview with the conductor in their area of intended study. Finalists will be invited to campus for a conducting audition with our ensembles.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Graduate Studies
- Recital Attendance
- Applied Study in Conducting
- Conducting Practicum
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To assure full consideration for the fall term, application should be completed online and ALL supporting materials pertaining to the application for admission should be delivered to the Meadows Graduate Office
- Materials received from applicants who do not enroll will be retained by the Meadows Graduate Office for one year.
- All documents become the property of Southern Methodist University and cannot be returned. A $75.00 non-refundable application fee is required.
International1600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1600 USD per year during 12 months.
National1600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1600 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.