Depending on the emphasis, advanced training in topic specialties may be complemented by courses in statistics, geographical information systems (GIS), soil sciences, model testing, systematics, or advanced ecology. All emphases of Wildlife and Wildlands Conservation program of Brigham Young University require original research topics with the results presented in thesis format. This research is expected to be of a publication quality and thesis style best reflecting that of a professional journal, thus facilitating timely submissions for publication. We also encourage formal presentations at professional meetings.
- Synthesize literature relevant to a research project.
- Design and conduct research applying appropriate scientific and analytical methods.
- Communicate scientific findings effectively via oral presentations and in writing.
- Environmental Field Instrumentation
- Ungulate Conservation and Management
- Quantitative Ecology
- Restoration Ecology
- Wildlife Behavioral Ecology
- Conservation of Mega and Meso Carnivores
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation Ecology View 217 other Masters in Ecology in United States
- GRE - (total score of 300 required with a minimum of a “4” on the writing portion)
- TOEFL or IELTS (International applicants)
- Baccalaureate degree or equivalent
- 3.2 GPA or high
- Statement of Intent
- Three letters of recommendation
- Ecclesiastical Endorsement
- A funded project: No graduate candidate will be accepted unless he or she has a departmental faculty member willing to serve as a major advisor on a funded project
International7700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7700 USD per year during 24 months.
National7700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7700 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Provo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.