Advanced work may be specialized among the following areas:
- algebra, including algebraic number theory, commutative algebra, and homological algebra
- analysis, including analytic number theory, approximation theory, ergodic theory, harmonic analysis, and operator algebras
- applied mathematics, mathematical finance, mathematical biology, differential equations, dynamical systems,
- combinatorics and graph theory
- geometry/topology, including differential geometry, geometric group theory, and symplectic topology
Beginning with their first year in residence, students in the Mathematics program at North Dakota State University are strongly urged to attend research seminars and discuss research opportunities with faculty members. By the end of their second semester, students select an advisory committee and develop a plan of study specifying how all degree requirements are to be met. One philosophical tenet of the Department of Mathematics graduate program is that each mathematics graduate student will be well grounded in at least two foundational areas of mathematics. To this end, each student's background will be assessed, and the student will be directed to the appropriate level of study.
- Applied Mathematics
- Differential Equations
- Combinatorics and graph theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Statistics View 549 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- Applicants must have earned a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 or equivalent in all advanced mathematics courses at the baccalaureate level
- You are required to submit your online application and nonrefundable $35 application fee
- A statement of purpose is required for admission consideration and must be uploaded to your online application
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Submitting your transcripts (statement of marks)
- All graduate applicants, regardless of citizenship or residency, must demonstrate proficiency with the English language before they will be considered for admission to a graduate program
International21270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 709 USD per credit during 12 months.
National18210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 607 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 405 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fargo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.