With the belief that we support all children, at the University of Wyoming we focus on equity, social justice, and advocacy for systemic change.
School counselors achieve professional knowledge, skills, and leadership practices necessary to promote the academic, career, and personal/social development of all P-12 students.
Applicants of the School Counseling Program do not need to be certified or experienced teachers. Upon graduation, students are eligible to be certified as a P-12 school counselor and also provisionally licensed as a mental health counselor in Wyoming.
The University of Wyoming-Laramie School Counseling Program is certified by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Counseling Ethics and Professional Issues
- Group Procedures
- Counseling and Addictions
- Career Across the Lifespan
- Human Growth and Development
- Assessment in Counseling
- Couples and Family Theory and Application
- Group Experience
- Pre-Practicum in Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management Studies School Counselling View 571 other Masters in School Counselling in United States
- Online Application (a non-refundable application fee of U.S. $50.00 is required)
- Provide Certified and Attested Copy of Transcripts
- Provide Official Proof of English Proficiency
- Provide Proof of Financial Support
- Official bank statement
- Copy of Passport
- If you are currently studying at a U.S. Institution, please provide your school’s immigration coordinator.
International16740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16740 USD per year during 24 months.
National16740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16740 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State5598 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5598 USD per year during 24 months.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.