- A number of students supplement their study in Economics at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill with work in finance, statistics, mathematics, biostatistics, urban and regional studies, computer science, and operations research, along with courses at Duke University and North Carolina State University. Strong offerings in these and other related areas enhance the overall graduate training offered to students.
- During the first year of the program, students concentrate on the core areas of econometrics, macroeconomics, and microeconomics. Later, each student chooses two fields of specialization within those mentioned. The department's objective is to provide students both with broad training in theory and econometrics and with specialization.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistics and Econometrics
- Intermediate Theory: Price and Distribution
- Intermediate Theory: Money, Income, and Employment
- Financial Markets and Economic Fluctuations
- Financial Economics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics View 486 other Masters in Economics in United States
The minimum requirements for admission to a graduate program are:
- A bachelor's degree (based on a four-year curriculum) completed before graduate study begins, or its international equivalent with an accredited institution
- An average grade of B (cumulative GPA 3.0) or better
International28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14139 USD per semester during 24 months.
National28278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14139 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State10552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5276 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Chapel Hill
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.