- The MA in Art History program at Louisiana State University prepares students for careers in both academia and the art world by providing exceptional grounding in art from globally diverse cultures and by encouraging students to explore a range of historical strategies, research techniques, and critical theories.
- We accommodate students seeking a terminal graduate degree and those who plan to continue to a PhD program at another institution.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Medieval art
- Art History Area Coordinator
- Contemporary and new media art history
- Contemporary art history
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArt History View 205 other Masters in Art History in United States
- Applicants are required to have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Though not a requirement for admission to the program, applicants who have taken a range of undergraduate courses in art history are highly desirable, as are applicants with reading knowledge of French or German—a reading knowledge of Chinese or Japanese will be especially valuable for students intending to specialize in Asian art.
- Application for admission to the LSU Graduate School, including a narrative statement of purpose.
- Application fee.
- One set of official transcripts for all previous college or university work.
- Appropriate test scores (GRE and, for many international applicants, TOEFL).
International29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29456 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29456 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State12541 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12541 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.