The Community Development degree at North Dakota State University is a multi-institutional, multi-disciplinary, online program in conjunction with the Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (IDEA). Other institutions participating in this program include Iowa State University, Kansas State University, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, and South Dakota State University.
The primary audience for this program is community economic development officials and specialists already employed in the field.
The program requires a total of 36 credit hours, including 16 credits (six courses) of core courses, 15 credits in two of the four track areas, and up to six credits of thesis. The four track areas include Building Economic Capacity, Natural Resource Management, Working with Native Communities, and Non-profit Leadership.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Community Development Orientation
- Principles and Strategies of Community Change
- Community Development: Organizing for Community Change
- Community Analysis: Introduction to Methods
- Community and Regional Economic Policy and Analysis
- Community Natural Resource Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Public Policy Natural Resource Management View 87 other Masters in Natural Resource Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A total of 36 credits are required for the master's degree program.
- Students will write a thesis or complete a creative component (Plan B) to capstone the degree program, which will be worth six credit hours.
- The student's schedule of courses must be approved by the faculty adviser and the campus coordinator. Students may select either a Master of Science (M.S.) or Master of Arts (M.A.) option.
- The M.A. option requirement normally includes two (2) years of a foreign language. This requirement can be satisfied with undergraduate courses and/or a proficiency examination.
International655 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 655 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National561 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 561 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State374 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 374 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.