The Computer Science program from Virginia Commonwealth University emphasizes continuing self-development and broadening of the knowledge of individuals currently engaged in science, technology and engineering-related fields. It also prepares persons who have completed undergraduate majors in these fields for entry into a career in the numerous areas that use computing technology. Both the theoretical and applied aspects of computer science are emphasized in this program.
- Advanced software design skills: To produce graduates who possess the necessary advanced analytical and technical skills in computer science – responds directly to the higher goal of fulfilling the needs of industry, academe and research laboratories for effective, productive engineers, professors and researchers
- Advanced problem-solving skills: To produce graduates who demonstrate creativity and innovation in solving technological problems – stems from the realization that new knowledge and new solutions to existing problems are necessary to meet the needs of our changing society and to advance the quality of human life
Student learning outcomes
- Computer science theory and concepts: Graduates will demonstrate a solid understanding of the advanced theory and concepts underlying computer science.
- System design and implementation: Graduates will demonstrate the ability, knowledge and technical skills to design and implement a computer-based system, process, component or program.
- Applications of computer science in multiple domains: Graduates will demonstrate the ability to use the knowledge of computer science in order to solve problems in other domains.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Regularization Methods for Machine Learning
- Advanced Social Network Analysis and Security
- Theory of Programming Languages
- Topics in Computer Science
- Convex Optimization
- Applied Cryptography
- Theory of Computation
- Image Analysis
- Statistical Learning and Fuzzy Logic Algorithms
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences View 807 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- Personal statement
- Academic documentation
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional academic requirements and regulations
- Foreign transcripts
- Financial certification
- Application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.