The program in Religion, Ethics, and Philosophy at Florida State University is designed to train scholars in the philosophical and theoretical analysis of religious phenomena; modern and historic expressions of religious thought, particularly in Europe and North America; comparative analysis of the religious, philosophical, and ethical traditions of Europe and North America with those of the Middle East, South and East Asia; historical and contemporary literature related to political ethics, the justification and conduct of war, the nature and scope of human rights discourse, and issues in ethics and the life sciences.
To this end, students concentrating in religion, ethics, and philosophy take courses dealing with theory and method in the study of religion, hermeneutics, philosophy of religion, modern and historic expressions of religious thought, religious and philosophical ethics, and other topics related to the overall goals of the program.
While the Department of Religion offers a rich variety of courses in this area, students are also encouraged, in consultation with area faculty, to take courses across the University. The Departments of Philosophy, Sociology, Classics, History, English, and Modern Languages are particularly relevant, as are the programs in Humanities and American and Florida Studies and in the College of Law.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentalism & Conservatism
- Religion & Civil Rights Movement
- Bibl Studies: Religion & Violence: Late Antiquity
- History of Rel: History of Text Technology
- Chinese Buddhism
- SP Topics Asian Rel: Buddhist Biography
- Readings in Tibetan Religious Texts
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 563 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
To complete the process in the Office of Admissions, applicants must submit the following:
- An official transcript from each college or university attended.
- Official nationally standardized graduate admission test scores.
- The residency form, if applicable.
- Submit official English Proficiency Test Scores if your native language is not English.
- Determine if the major/program of interest has a different application deadline and/or additional major/program criteria, e.g., research interests, letters of recommendation, personal statement, interviews/portfolios/auditions, or other factors specified by the program.
International1110 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1110 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1110 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1110 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State479 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 479 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.