Why study Economics - Economics, Behaviour and Policy specialisation at Radboud University
- Our programme develops skills needed for data-driven and behaviour-proof economic policy, embedded strongly both in theory and practice. You will learn the methods and tools needed to design and evaluate policies that will make a difference to people’s lives.
- You will gain a strong background in both mainstream and heterodox (i.e. non-mainstream) economic theories, augmented by behavioural insights. In this way, your perspective on economic policy, and how to make it more effective, will be expanded by knowledge from disciplines that include psychology, public choice and sociology.
- This specialisation combines learning with research: your lecturers are researchers who incorporate the latest findings into their teaching. As a student, using behavioural insights, you will carry out research, analyse, design and debate economic policy.
In this programme you will learn to make smarter, more effective policy, based on behavioural economics and psychology. The recent rise of Behavioural Insights Teams across Europe and the world has resulted in a demand for the skills offered in our programme. We will provide you with a toolbox filled with the skills and knowledge needed to tackle a whole array of economic problems, ranging from the role of consumers in a complex economy, through policy impacting on the decisions of firms, to analysis of the government’s role in economic policy.
Our graduates devise behaviour-informed policies and learn to analyse critically which solutions are most likely to work in a specific economic and social context. They regularly find employment in government as well as business. Your career prospects are broad. Our graduates are active as policy makers for government and semi-government organisations, in ministries, national banks, NGOs, think tanks, the UN and the EU, as well as national and international labour organisations, or work as consultants in industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Behavioural Economics and Policy
- Methods of Empirical Analysis
- Pluralisms in Economics
- Macroeconomics and Policy
- Culture and Institutions
- Inequality and Development
- Global Political Economy
- Current Issues in Economics, Behaviour and Policy
- Economic Networks and Policy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
Radboud University will still consider EU/EEA applications until 1 July, but may not be able to offer assistance with accommodation.
DisciplinesEconomics Organisational Behaviour Public Policy View 42 other Masters in Public Policy in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Your admission into this programme depends on your previous education. You are admissible if you have a completed:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a similar (or related) field from another research university with a fair number of courses in your preferred specialisation. Your degree must be equivalent to a Dutch Research University diploma.
- Proficiency in English
- A list of all courses you have taken, are taking and are planning to take including course content, number of hours and literature used.
- Sworn translations of diploma and grades if documents are in a language other than Dutch, English or German.
- A motivation letter. Please describe what you would like to learn and research at Radboud University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- Radboud Scholarship Programme
- The Orange Tulip Scholarship Programme
- Holland Scholarship Programme
- Fulbright-Radboud Scholarships
- StuNed scholarship programme
- Radboud University Medical Center Study Fund
- Radboud Faculty of Arts Study Fund
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.