Faculty members conduct methodological research motivated by collaborative alliances, which in turn contributes to and enhances the department’s educational mission. By focusing on the integration of methodological and collaborative research, students develop strong biostatistical and communication skills, enabling them to assume leadership positions in academia, government and industry.
Student learning outcomes
This training Biostatistics program at Virginia Commonwealth University is designed to be completed in 18 months (four semesters: fall, spring, summer, fall) and will help students achieve the following learning outcomes:
- The successful candidate will understand the modern and advanced literature of biostatistical concepts, ideas and methodologies.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to effectively collaborate with both biostatistical and health science researchers, specifically with respect to planning and designing research studies, and also in analyzing data from a broad spectrum of research questions.
- The successful candidate will develop fluency in several computational languages, will exhibit proficiency in standard computation and analytic procedures, and will demonstrate the ability to computationally solve new and complex problems.
- The successful candidate will display exceptional written and oral communication skills in terms of explaining biostatistical concepts, methods and results to both biostatistical and non-biostatistical health sciences researchers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biostatistical Consulting (one-credit course taken four semesters)
- Biostatistical Computing
- Analysis of Biomedical Data
- Clinical Trials
- Biostatistical Methods
- Biostatistical Research Seminar
- Scientific Integrity
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Health Sciences View 355 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- Personal statement
- Academic documentation
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional academic requirements and regulations
- Foreign transcripts
- Financial certification
- Application fee
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 24 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.